Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Minecraft in Science Class - Rainbow Sheep Part II

Well, I promised in my last post that I would put up a lesson plan for a Minecraft genetics lesson, and here it is! Being a pre-service teacher, I have not had the opportunity yet to try this lesson out, and to be completely open with you all, this is my first attempt at a real lesson plan, so be nice. Feedback is very welcome!

I would like to note that this is not completely my own idea, I got the idea from Bob Kahn at MiddleSchoolMinecraft.

What I have attempted to do:
  • Adapt it for use in a larger class,
  • Cover a few more learning goals,
  • Make it into a role play for the students i.e. students become Minecraft scientists working for the "Minecraft Explorers League",
  • Formalise the lesson.
To achieve my goal of trying to formalise this lesson idea, I have produced:
  • A sample formal lesson plan, 
  • A sample student handout for the experiment and,  
  • A sample student handout for writing a report.
Lesson Plan:


Experiment Handout:


Report Handout:

Thoughts, feedback, comments and ideas welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment